[IPython-User] 2.0dev REST API - Cross Origin problem

Paul Hughes paulinzurich@gmail....
Fri Feb 14 03:52:08 CST 2014

Hi all, first post here.

I'm a big proponent of ipython and am eager to avail of the exciting new
features in 2.0, so am testing it thru my local git clone.  I am playing
with the notebook server REST API now, however, I am unable to query the
running notebook server from my main app because of the cross-origin
request restriction:

No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested
resource.

I plan to query from the same domain, but from a page served on the main
port 80 (to retrieve relevant notebooks for my application's context).  Has
anyone had success here?  Perhaps there is a configuration option for the
notebook server that would allow this (but I searched and could not find).

Thanks for all your help!

Paul