[IPython-User] 2.0dev REST API - Cross Origin problem

Carl Smith carl.input@gmail....
Sat Feb 15 02:37:00 CST 2014

An application that runs outside of the browser can make any request it likes, but a webapp is stuck with the same origin. I've not used IPython's API, but unless it supports something like JSONP, there's no way you can communicate with it using AJAX from a page served from a different origin [short of switching dev flags on the browser, which would be bad].

If IPython's REST API is serving pure JSON, then adding JSONP support amounts to a wrapper function.

That's just my general understanding of browser hacking. IPython may do something I'm unaware of. Anyone??