[IPython-User] When you raise something to an exponent that is more then one character long, only the first character is displayed as superscript

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343@gmail....
Tue Feb 18 16:30:58 CST 2014

This is more of a LaTeX issue, but the following should work when inputting
into a markdown cell:

$$
a^m + a^n = a^{(m+n)}
$$

In general, you can always use {} to denote a logical block in a LaTeX math
expression.