[Nipy-devel] Sphinx and Linux Beginner Help

Wed Aug 25 00:49:57 CDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 05:05:54PM -0700, Matthew Brett wrote:
> > My problem is that I am mainly a windows user and my NIPY + Python
> > installation was done under Windows.  However, the Sphinx commands for
> > viewing .rst documentation requires a "make" call, which is a Linux call.

> Right.  I'm afraid we didn't try and keep the 'make.bat' command up to
> date, so my guess is that it doesn't work properly for windows.

For these reasons, I have been maintaining a pure-Python way of building
the docs:

    python setup.py build_sphinx

Should it be advertized in the docs? The API-generation code is fairly
fragile and can break on you if the code doesn't import well, or if you
have oldish files lying around, but I just tried it, and it still works.

Gaël