[Numpy-discussion] Why I wrote the previous posts.

Travis Oliphant Oliphant.Travis at mayo.edu
Thu Aug 24 16:29:50 CDT 2000

For those wondering why I wrote the previous posts (and didn't bother to
correct the spelling mistakes :-) )  it is due to a request from Greg
Wilson who is bending the ear of other contributors to Numerical software
that are not in the Python community.    He asked that I quickly hash out
some words on Numerical Python and where it is going for him --- so I did
and crossposted what I wrote to this list since I thought some might be
interested in my position and goals.

--Travis