[Numpy-discussion] (no subject)

Anderl Andreas.Reigber at dlr.de
Mon Nov 20 11:09:21 CST 2000

Hello,

I'm quite new to numpy, trying to migrate from IDL. I'm not able to find any
'shift' function in numpy, i.e. a function that shifts the content of an array
by a certain number of elements.

        a  = [1,2,3,4,5,6]
shift(a,2) = [3,4,5,6,1,2]

In IDL this works even on multidemiensional arrays, b=shift(a,4,7,5) shifts by
4 in the first, 7 in the second and 5 in the third component. Is there some
similar module existing?

Thanks & best regards,
Andreas

Andreas Reigber                   Institut fuer Hochfrequenztechnik
                                  DLR - Oberpfaffenhofen
Tel. : ++49-8153-282367           Postfach 1116
eMail: Andreas.Reigber at dlr.de     D-82230 Wessling