[Numpy-discussion] numpy newbie question

Michael Drumheller mdrumheller at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 3 10:50:48 CDT 2001

Hi,
I am pretty new to numpy and am using it for
image processing.  (Also, I am not 100% sure
that this is the appropriate email address for
this question--feel free to redirect me.)
My problem is that I would like to be able
to dive down into C and write my own filters etc.,
but I do not want to have to surmount the
somewhat daunting Python/C-extension learning curve if
that is at all possible.  I am wondering if
anybody has "packaged" this ability anywhere,
sort of like Perl's Inline.pm.
Thanks,
Mike Drumheller

=====
Michael Drumheller
        2735 NE 87th Street, Seattle, Washington 98115
             206/523-7865 drumheller at alum.mit.edu