[Numpy-discussion] Re: [Annouce] Numeric Python 20.0.0b2

John J. Lee phrxy at csv.warwick.ac.uk
Tue Apr 24 13:23:37 CDT 2001

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Konrad Hinsen wrote:
[...]
> if I use this in an official release. Some of the code just needs to
> be compiled with the highest optimization level, and there is no way I
> can do that with Distutils.
[...]

But you can if you're willing to hack things a little bit, surely?
Possibly even without hacking -- IIRC there are some things that are
supposed to be subclassed in there, aren't there?  I don't remember the
details now, but I think that subclassing the compiler class will do it,
or possibly customize_compiler()...?  Neither are the proper ways, if any
exist, I'm sure.  From the point of view of saving time, of course, this
isn't ideal.

John