[Numpy-discussion] Re: [Annouce] Numeric Python 20.0.0b2

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Wed Apr 25 13:09:36 CDT 2001

> On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Konrad Hinsen wrote:
> [...]
> > if I use this in an official release. Some of the code just needs to
> > be compiled with the highest optimization level, and there is no way I
> > can do that with Distutils.
> [...]
>
> But you can if you're willing to hack things a little bit, surely?
> Possibly even without hacking -- IIRC there are some things that are

It would be quite serious hacking. Distutils just calls the compiler
exactly as it was called for compiling the Python interpreter. To change
the optimization level, I'd have to parse the command to extract
any optimization options, remove them, and put my own instead. I can't
imagine anything more platform-dependent.

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen                            | E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr