[Numpy-discussion] Using Numpy inside an application...

Karl Bellve Karl.Bellve at umassmed.edu
Tue Apr 3 12:35:50 CDT 2001

Karl Bellve wrote:

> Since I can't search the web site, here is a question...
>

> "a" appears to be an list of numbers. I am not sure if Python knows it
> is a PyArrayObject. This is where I am getting into trouble. I can't do
> something like a=PyRun_SimpleString("a = a + 100"); I get an error
> "Value Error: Function not Supported".

I corrected a few things.

First, I wasn't importing Numeric but just import_array (thanks to Pete
Shinners). Although I am getting DLL collisions and relocations, it
still works.

I am able to do the following now: a=a+100.  I need to figure out why I
am getting the DLL collisions...

--
Cheers,

Karl Bellve