[Numpy-discussion] fast constructor for arrays from byte data (unpickling?)

Chris Barker chrishbarker at home.net
Tue Aug 7 17:02:01 CDT 2001

Robert Kern wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 01:26:57PM -0700, Chris Barker wrote:
> > I wish there was a fromfile() function.
>
> With Python 2.0 or greater, one can use mmap'ed files as arguments to
> fromstring.

Can you give me an example of how to use it? I can not get it to work at
all, the docs are pretty sketchy. I can't even get a mmap's file to be
created properly on linux. I havn't tried Windows yet, but I'll need it
to work there too!

Also, mmap does not seem to be supported on the Mac, which is where I am
having memory problems (due to the Mac's lousy memeory management). I'll
ask about it on the MacPython list.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker,