[Numpy-discussion] NumPy installation instructions for Windows

Just van Rossum just at letterror.com
Fri Aug 10 02:29:42 CDT 2001

I develop a package that depends on NumPy, and I would like to add a line or two
to my documentation about how to install NumPy under Windows -- just the basic
set of modules, not the extensions.

I understand users should grab the .exe archive. The FAQ only mentions "The .exe
files are  Windows installers of the sort that you are used to". Does this mean
everything is explained and done by the installer itself, or is there some
additional action the user should perform? Thanks!

(I have no Windows box here so I can't see for myself...)

Just