[Numpy-discussion] Meta: too many numerical libraries doing the same thing?

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Mon Dec 10 14:49:03 CST 2001

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Joe Harrington wrote:

> Could you let us know what happened to Software Carpentry?  The web
> site isn't very revealing.  Who pulled the plug and why?  Were they
> making expected progress?  Are they dead or merely negotiating some
> changes with this or another sponsor?

Don't know about the official project / contest / whatever it was, but
some of the tools proposed have been implemented to some extent.

For example, SCcons --> scons (IIRC), and Roundup, the winning bug-
tracking system design (Ka-Ping Yee I think)  is being implemented by
someone -- there was an announcement on the python announce list the other
day.

John