[Numpy-discussion] New packages

Michel Sanner sanner at scripps.edu
Thu Feb 1 14:29:47 CST 2001

Hello,

Is there any reason why Numeric never became a "New" Python package with a
__init__.py ?

-Michel

PS: I have been adding __init__.py to my installation for a long time now and
it works just fine. For those who want to be able to import directly we could
extend the python path in __init__ so that after an import Numeric all .so
would be directly loadable

Michel F. Sanner Ph.D.                   The Scripps Research Institute
Assistant Professor			Department of Molecular Biology
					  10550 North Torrey Pines Road
Tel. (858) 784-2341				     La Jolla, CA 92037
Fax. (858) 784-2860
sanner at scripps.edu                        http://www.scripps.edu/sanner