[Numpy-discussion] Curve fitting routines?

John J. Lee phrxy at csv.warwick.ac.uk
Fri Feb 16 02:24:45 CST 2001

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, William Ryu wrote:

> Was wondering if there is a "standard" library of curve fitting routines
> that people use with Numeric Python. I'm especially interested in high
> order Bezier curves, but would like to save some time if someone has put
> together a good curve fitting packaging.

There are simple wrappers of minpack (which includes non-linear least
squares) and dierckx (splines, I think) libraries in Travis Oliphant's
Multipack.  Travis is still in the process of moving its homepage ATM I
think, but they are available somewhere near here:

cens.ioc.ee/cgi-bin/cvsweb/python/multipack/

If you search back in the archives of this list, you'll find a pointer to
instructions for how to get them with cvs.

John