[Numpy-discussion] configuration ideas

Raymond Beausoleil beausol at hpl.hp.com
Fri Feb 16 14:38:10 CST 2001

Actually, this approach sounds more convenient than the one I've been using
to integrate the Intel native BLAS and (most of) LAPACK provided for
Windows. I built my original version(s) using a visual IDE, and I've been
fiddling around with the standard distribution to try to get the paths
right. Could you please send me your scripts so that I can modify them for
my application?

= Ray

At 01:32 PM 2/16/2001 -0600, Christopher Lee wrote:
>I am preparing a patch to Numeric 17.3.0 that allows for easier integration
>of native BLAS/Lapack libraries with Numeric's dot() function and with the
>LAPACK package.
>
>What I would like to know is how/where should I specify build preferences.
>
>The current situation is that I have added a config.py to the top
>directory.  Inside this file, python variables like HAVE_CBLAS and/or
>HAVE_FBLAS control linking and preprocessor flags. By default, the
>distribution would build w/o the native libraries.  Necessary info like
>library directories, includes and link flags would be listed as well and
>available to distutils for Numeric and any of it's sub-packages.
>
>How does this approach sound?
>
>-chris

Ray Beausoleil
Hewlett-Packard Laboratories