[Numpy-discussion] numpy.org redirection

Paul F. Dubois paul at pfdubois.com
Tue Jan 23 10:56:31 CST 2001

This is very generous of you. I don't want to own the domain. I'm not even
sure as a govt employee if you could give it to me. The new Python
Foundation, when it is up and running, would be appropriate. For now, I
suggest you just leave it as is.
I don't understand your remark about "real hosting". numpy.sourceforge.net
really is at sourceforge (? guess it is obvious I'm not familiar with this
term).

Both pages have pointers to each other. So technically it is a wash.
People looking for docs need to be on one, for releases on the other.

My guess is that the link on the project page back to the home page is a
little more confusing for a newbie than the clearly spelled-out link on the
home page to the project page. When I first used SF I thought "Home" would
be the project page. So my guess is that numpy.sourceforge.net would be
best. The operative word is "guess".