[Numpy-discussion] Rich Comparisons and the Docs

Chris Barker chrishbarker at home.net
Fri Jun 1 15:58:47 CDT 2001

Hi all,

I just got done installing Python 2.1 and NumPy 20 on Linux (which was
far more work that it should have been) just so that I could get rich
comparisons.

I then got a version of the PDF doc, dated march30, 2001, and it is out
of date with regard to rich comparisons. This brings up two questions.

1) Is the doc in CVS or something somewhere so that others (me) could
contribute to it?

2) Is there a rich comparisons way to do "and" and "or"? It's great
that:

logical_and(greater(a,b),less(a,c))

can now be:

logical_and(a > b, a < c)

but of course, what I would really like is:

(a > b) and (a < c)

Are there any nice ways to do this??

-Chris

--