[Numpy-discussion] How to uninstall Numeric-17.3.0.tar.gz

Paul F. Dubois paul at pfdubois.com
Tue Mar 13 09:41:19 CST 2001

The "Distutils" used to make the installation does not yet have an
uninstall, but the distutils discussion group has been discussing this
topic. I don't follow the discussion so I can't tell you where they are,
just that I have skipped over a lot of messages on the topic.

Meantime go to your Python root, lib/python20/site-packages, and delete
Numeric.pth, and the directory Numeric. Also directories MA and FFT if you
installed those. Yeah, I know, you didn't want me to tell you that.