[Numpy-discussion] How operating arrays in a determined axis?

Aureli Soria Frisch Aureli.Soria_Frisch at ipk.fhg.de
Thu Mar 22 04:56:19 CST 2001

Thanks to all answers in spite of the not so understandable question.

I have solved my problem NewAxis seems tome the simplest and most elegant
way to solve the problem. Maybe a name like 'VirtualAxis' would clarify
more the question.

Regards

>On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Aureli Soria Frisch wrote:
>[...]
>> I have a N-dimensional array A and I want to operate in one of the axis (k)
>> with a 1 dimensional array (for instance,  subtracting an array B of length
>> k). I have looked for some solutions in the manual and did not found any.
>[...]
>> Is there any more elegant solution? The key point is: how to operate a N-D
>> array with a 1D in one determined axis?

Aureli Soria Frisch
Fraunhofer IPK
Dept. Pattern Recognition

post: Pascalstr. 8-9, 10587 Berlin, Germany
e-mail:aureli at ipk.fhg.de
fon: +49 30 39 00 61 50
fax: +49 30 39 17 517