[Numpy-discussion] drawing with NumPy and PythonCard - SciPy test

Kevin Altis altis at semi-retired.com
Wed Oct 10 11:11:11 CDT 2001

A suggestion was made that I should check out SciPy. I downloaded and
verified that the plt module works fine from within a PythonCard app using
the built-in PythonCard shell. My test was the plt tutorial at
http://www.scipy.org/site_content/tutorials/plot_tutorial

I've emailed some of the SciPy developers, but there seems to be some mail
gateway issues (the mail bounced) on their server right now, so I haven't
heard back from anyone yet.

Given that plt works with PythonCard today, people might be interested in
being able to create dynamic buttons, fields, and methods from the
interactive prompt using SciPy with PythonCard. The follwoing message shows
dynamic method binding.

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/770015

Adding other widgets such as a field is just as easy as adding a button, it
is the same syntax as used in the resource files, so the following is valid:

>>> comp['field2'] = {'type':'TextField', 'name':'field2', 'position':(0,
30), 'size':(150, -1), 'text':'this is field2'}

For people that want to mostly do interactive sessions, but still be able to
use buttons and fields to speed up data entry... this will probably be
useful in the context of something like SciPy. Let me know if there are
other questions or suggestions.

ka