[Numpy-discussion] Numerical Python 21.0 released

Gerard Vermeulen gvermeul at polycnrs-gre.fr
Thu Mar 14 23:41:11 CST 2002

Because all RPM based Linux distributions have subtle incompatibilities, it
is impossible to write a setup.py script that produces RPMs that will work on
all those distributions.

Normally, RPMs build on a particular version of a particular distribution
will work on other systems with exactly the same version of the same
distribution (Paul's setup is not "normal", because his Python interpreter
lives in his home directory).

If anybody wants to provide RPMs, please code distribution+version
in the name of the RPM. The RPM.README in the tar.gz explains how
to do this.

Gerard