[Numpy-discussion] ANN: numarray-0.4 released

Sebastian Haase haase at msg.ucsf.edu
Wed Nov 27 12:37:04 CST 2002

That's good news!!
Since I just signed up to this list I have some (more general questions)
1) How active is this list ? Now I get like 1-2 emails a day (but 3 months
ago or so I got like 20 ...)
2) Are most people here talking about Numeric (NumPy) or numarray ?
    Who is actively writing/implementing numarray and is there a specific
mailing list for that ?

3) I was just starting with some C code to generate numarray lists (a week
ago) and now
    the main data struct (NDarray) just disappeared... is that good news !?
    (Maybe the question should be: What is a "first class" python object ? )
4) In NDarray there was a special pointer (void *imag) for complex data.
(without much documentation actually..)
    How are complex array handled in numarray 0.4?  Examples would be nice
!! ;-)

Keep up all the good work.
Thanks,
Sebastian