[Numpy-discussion] A message from Cameron Laird

Rob rob at pythonemproject.com
Fri Sep 20 17:41:02 CDT 2002

Konrad Hinsen wrote:

<snip>

What I like about Numeric stems from what I like about Python- the
language does not get in my way of creating algorithms.  I do not have
to constantly refer to some reference book while programming.

The idea of the Numeric Python EM Project (URL below) was to put EM code
into a form where it could be more easily understood.  Python and
Numeric Python were the perfect choice for that task.  As for
Mathematica and other commercial software, I have no use for them.
Python is free.

Sincerely,  Rob.