[Numpy-discussion] numarray zeros - keyword argument 'typecode'

Sebastian Haase haase at msg.ucsf.edu
Tue Dec 2 16:45:01 CST 2003

Hi,
I'm just trying to debug some PyOpenGl stuff . It seems that this is only
available with Numeric (no numarray !?)

Drawing a 60000 vertex array takes 6 sec ( should be much less than 0.5 sec
!! )
I found this is because all my other code is using numarray and it is this
conversion that takes so long.
Switching to Numeric (and back to numarray) got this error message:
[[[ Num  is here numarray !! ]]
self.m_histPlotArray = Num.zeros((n,2), typecode=Num.Float32)
TypeError: zeros() got an unexpected keyword argument 'typecode'

I thought numarray  suppossed to be backwards compatible ... so I just

Regards,
Sebastian