[Numpy-discussion] PyMatrix: Announcement

Sebastian Haase haase at msg.ucsf.edu
Tue Dec 9 13:38:01 CST 2003

Hi Colin,
We are interested in using your PyMatrix packages (It' numarray not Numeric,
right?).
 First though, someone in my lab had the following concern:
What if I actually need the element-wise multiplication ?
(In other words: The Matlab .* operator)

I understand that python does not allow to invent new operator symbols.
How about multiplying a Matrix with a Numarray ?
Is it possible to have a 'numarray view' of a Matrix object ? (I'm thinking
of two differently typed objects sharing one "value-memory space", so that
essentially the type determines which multiplication is being used ...)

Thanks,
Sebastian Haase