[Numpy-discussion] "error getting read buffer data ptr"

Todd Miller jmiller at stsci.edu
Mon Dec 29 08:57:47 CST 2003

Hi Edward,

This error message is issued on entry into C when libnumarray attempts
to get a pointer to the data buffer of an array using the buffer API and
fails for some reason.  Is there anything fancy (memory mapping, Python
array object, etc.) about the buffer your array is based on?  Can you
reduce the error to a short segment of code so we can reproduce the
problem?  What does arrout.info() report?

Regards,
Todd