[Numpy-discussion] Psyco MA?

Tim Churches tchur at optushome.com.au
Fri Feb 7 15:08:01 CST 2003

On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 09:08, Chris Barker wrote:
> While the Psyco option is the rosy future of Python, Pyrex is here now,
> and maybe adopting it to handle NumArrays well would be easier than
> re-writing a bunch of NumArray in C.

Well, Psyco is already immediately useful for many problems on Intel
platforms, but I take your point that its real future is as the
next-generation VM for Python.

However, I agree 100% about the potential for leveraging Pyrex in
Numarray. Not just in Numarray, but around it, too. The Numarray team
should open serious talks with Greg Ewing about Numarray-enabling Pyrex.
And New Zealand is a very nice place to visit (seriously, not joking,
even though I am an Australian [reference to trans-Tasman Sea rivalry
between Asutralia and New Zealand there]).

Tim C