[Numpy-discussion] Plain array performance

Magnus Lie Hetland magnus at hetland.org
Mon Feb 10 13:43:07 CST 2003

Paul F Dubois <paul at pfdubois.com>:

> The problem with naïve benchmarks is that they *are* naïve.

Indeed. My request was for a more dependable analysis.

> In real applications you have a lot of arrays running around, and so
> a full cache shows up with smaller array sizes. Because of this,
> measuring performance is a really difficult matter.

Indeed. I guess what I'm curious about is the motivation behind the
array module... It seems to be mainly conserving memory -- or?

--
Magnus Lie Hetland               "Nothing shocks me. I'm a scientist."
http://hetland.org                                   -- Indiana Jones