[Numpy-discussion] Conversion functions between Numeric and numarray arrays?

Sebastian Haase haase at msg.ucsf.edu
Tue Jan 21 10:41:07 CST 2003

Hi,
I think this is actually quite related to my post from Friday:
[Numpy-discussion] make C array accessible to python without copy

-> So, to reformulate: Who hold actually the array data in memory? Or: where
gets the memory allocated and where/how many pointers to that exist?    I
understood the answer that Todd Miller gave, that there is such a thing as a
"buffer object" that does all the work, so then: one would just have to take
that and build a "new" numarray or Numeric structure around it  (referring
to the Subject of this email)   or  (in the case of my Friday-email)  just
have that "buffer object" point to a different memory space (that got
already allocated by the C-program) .

Agree ? (Did I get it right?)

Sebastian Haase