[Numpy-discussion] Re: Mixing numarray and Numeric under McMillan Installer

Berthold Höllmann hoel at gl-group.com
Tue Mar 18 04:44:15 CST 2003

hoel at gl-group.com (Berthold Höllmann) writes:

> Berthold Höllmann <hoel at gl-group.com> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to freeze a program using the McMillan Installer version
> > 5, alpha 1. The program has to use Numeric and numarray in
> > parallell. But the generated executable just gives a segmentation
> > fault. Here' what I get:
> >
> > >cat aa.py
> > import Numeric as N
> > print "AA"
> > import numarray as n
> > print "BB"
> > print N.arange(19)
> > print n.arange(19)
>
> I just found out that the testcase is even shorter. It is numarray
> that can't be packed using the McMillan installer. Simply the line
>
> import numarray
>
> is enough to make the generated executable segfault.

Oh what a lunch is good for. The problem seems to be some delayed
imports in exec or use __import__. After adding the lines

import _bytes,     _ufuncBool,      _ufuncInt32, _ufuncUInt8
import _chararray, _ufuncComplex32, _ufuncInt64, libnumarray
import _conv,      _ufuncComplex64, _ufuncInt8,  memory
import _ndarray,   _ufuncFloat32,   _ufuncUInt16
import _numarray,  _ufuncFloat64,   _ufuncUInt32
import _sort,      _ufuncInt16,     _ufuncUInt64

the executable works as expected.

Regards
Berthold
--
Dipl.-Ing. Berthold Höllmann   __   Address:
hoel at GL-Group.com           G /  \ L Germanischer Lloyd

Beachten Sie:  Wir moechten Sie informieren, dass die E-Mail-Adresse des Germanischen Lloyd sowie unsere Web-Adresse mit Wirkung vom 1. Maerz 2003 auf den Namen gl-group.com umgestellt wurde.

Dies bedeutet, dass die bisherige Adresse Kurzzeichen at germanlloyd.org durch die neue Adresse Kurzzeichen at gl-group.com ersetzt wird. Die Homepage des GL ist kuenftig ueber die Adresse 'http://www.gl-group.com' aufrufbar. Die bisher verwendeten Adressen bleiben für eine Uebergangsfrist erreichbar.

Please notice: We would like to inform you that the e-mail address of Germanischer Lloyd as well as our internet address had been changed to  gl-group.com with effect from 1st March 2003.

This means that the previous address shortmark at germanlloyd.org will be replaced by shortmark at gl-group.com. From now on the GL homepage can be accessed at the address 'http://www.gl-group.com'. The old addresses remain valid for a transitional period.

This e-mail contains confidential information for the exclusive attention of the intended addressee. Any access of third parties to this e-mail is unauthorised. Any use of this e-mail by unintended recipients such as copying, distribution, disclosure etc. is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients the content of this e-mail is subject to the General Terms and Conditions of GL's Group of Companies applicable at the date of this e-mail.

GL's Group of Companies does not warrant and/or guarantee that this message at the moment of receipt is authentic, correct and its communication free of errors, interruption etc.