[Numpy-discussion] Community Poll: numarray default underflow handling == "ignore" ?

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Fri Nov 21 08:53:06 CST 2003

Todd Miller wrote:
> > > Someone recently suggested that we change the default for numarray
> > > underflow checking to "ignore".  Please  vote (+1, 0, -1):

> The default of underflow is "warn"

assuming that ignore means that zero will be used, I vote +1

If the difference between zero and the smallest floating point number is
significant in your app, you'd better know what you're doing with
floating point, and you should then know to set the check to "warn" or
"raise".

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov