[Numpy-discussion] numarray latest version

Todd Miller jmiller at stsci.edu
Wed Sep 17 05:54:09 CDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 07:05, Nadav Horesh wrote:
> How comes that numarray 0.6.2 succeeds 0.7?

numarray-0.6.2 is numarray-0.6.1 which makes the licensing clearer at
runtime by including it in __init__.py for numarray.  That's it.  No new
(real) code, just licensing,  which is basically the modified BSD
license.    It's not really intended for use outside the astronomical
community,  so I didn't announce it.

numarray-0.6.2 is being used by STSCI in a larger system, and it has
been tested in that context.

numarray-0.7 is newer, better, and with several bug fixes,  but not the
same level of testing.

It is unfortunate that numarray-0.6.2 is listed first on Source Forge,
but as far as I know I can't control that.

> Are there 2 active branches?

Not for long.

Todd