[Numpy-discussion] numarray vs IPython

Andrea Riciputi ariciputi at pito.com
Tue Dec 7 00:55:08 CST 2004

The same here (OS X, Python 2.3.4, ipython 0.6.5). The problem is due
to the way in which numarray performs its tests. It relies on the
Python module doctest that execute the script in doc strings. I think
that since in numarray doc strings the expected output is written in
the standard Python way (i.e. >>> foo) while ipython writes out
something like "Out[n]: foo" the checks fail.

HTH,
   Andrea.