[Numpy-discussion] why numarray.inputarray?

Tim Hochberg tim.hochberg at cox.net
Tue Feb 10 08:13:03 CST 2004

Todd Miller wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 13:55, Tim Hochberg wrote:
>

>>I just noticed that the name asarray is considered obsolete and is to be
>>replaced with inputarray. Why is that?
>>

>I'm not sure what gave you that impression;  asarray() isn't obsolete.

It was this:

*asarray*( 	seq, type=None, typecode=None)

An alias for inputarray. This is deprecated and only provided for
compatibility with Numeric.

from http://stsdas.stsci.edu/numarray/Doc/node21.html#l2h-6. Perhaps
these docs should be tweaked a little not to freak out sensitive people
like me <0.5 wink>.

Regards,

-tim