[Numpy-discussion] why numarray.inputarray?

Todd Miller jmiller at stsci.edu
Wed Feb 11 10:11:48 CST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 16:20, Sebastian Haase wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using memory mapped array and it sounds quite natural to say
> 'buffer=memmapSoAndSo'
> Are you actually saying that 'sequence' is a synonym for that and the
> preferred keyword ?

Yes.  The decision was made last year to support the sequence keyword
for the numarray.array() rather than buffer.  buffer has been deprecated
for almost a year so I think it's time to clean up the code.  I
personally like buffer better as well,  but I can't stand the code
clutter any longer... it should be one or the other not both.

Regards,
Todd

Todd Miller <jmiller at stsci.edu>