[Numpy-discussion] Building Numeric with a native blas ?

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Thu Jul 29 15:31:13 CDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 15:22, Chris Barker wrote:

> Stephen Walton wrote:
> > one has to merge an LAPACK library built separately with the one
> > generated by ATLAS to get a 'complete' LAPACK.
>
> I'll try this, but it's odd that it didn't give an error when compiling
> or linking.

(I neglected to CC the list on my response to Chris, but basically wrote
that changes similar to the ones I used for numarray worked in Numeric).

Since Numeric and numarray are building shared libraries, undefined
external references don't show up until you actually import the Python
package represented by the shared libraries.  I noticed this in my
experiments as well.

--
Stephen Walton <stephen.walton at csun.edu>
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, Cal State Northridge