[Numpy-discussion] Pre-process crash on AIX

Marc Poinot Marc.Poinot at onera.fr
Mon Jun 7 07:37:12 CDT 2004

I've got a crash with xlC compiler on AIX 5.1 (using 64 bits mode).
The macro used to check the API function before the call makes the
compiler crazy. This simple test fails:

#include "Python.h"
#include "numarray/arrayobject.h"

int main()
{
  char * foo;
  int    d[3]; // don't care about alloc, it doesn't compile ;)

  NA_vNewArray(foo,tInt64,1,d);
}

Can I use another function without the macro to replace NA_vNewArray ?
Is there somebody with a successful installed numarray 0.9 on AIX ?

Yes -> what about this problem above, did you change something ?
No  -> great ! Ok, I'm going back to 8086 harware.

-MP-