[Numpy-discussion] Pre-process crash on AIX

Todd Miller jmiller at stsci.edu
Mon Jun 7 08:07:16 CDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 10:36, Marc Poinot wrote:
> I've got a crash with xlC compiler on AIX 5.1 (using 64 bits mode).
> The macro used to check the API function before the call makes the
> compiler crazy.

You might want to look at  numarray-0.9/include/numarray/genapi.py and
see if you can modify the macro generation into something xlC can
stomach.

Right now, the call consists of these parts:

1. A cast of the API jump table pointer and function ID to a pointer to
a function with a particular signature.

2. Code which checks to see that the API pointer has been initialized
and gives a fatal error rather than dumping core if it has not been
inited.

The macro generation Python code looks like:

PSEUDO = """
"""

You can simplify it to this by eliminating part 2:

PSEUDO = """
"""

And then re-install with:

python setup.py install --gencode

Beyond that,  you're in new territory for me.   Good luck!   Let us know
how it goes.

Todd Miller <jmiller at stsci.edu>