[Numpy-discussion] convolve2d

Michel Sanner sanner at scripps.edu
Tue Jun 22 09:09:01 CDT 2004

Hello,

I started using numarray for doing 2D convolutions on images.  I noticed
that

import numarray.examples.convolve.high_level as convolve
convolve.Convolve2d(kernel, in, out)

only works on square images.  For images that are not square I get lots
of noise in the background.

Also I was wondering is using the high_level API is most efficient?
Currently my image is a Numeric
array (grabbed from the OpenGL frame buffer) which I convert to a
numarray to do the convolution
and back to a Numeric array.  In the future I hope to completely replace
Numeric by numarray.

Thanks for any input

-Michel

  /    Michel F. Sanner Ph.D.            The Scripps Research Institute
o      Associate Professor               Department of Molecular Biology
  \                                      10550 North Torrey Pines Road
   o   Tel. (858) 784-2341               La Jolla, CA 92037
  /    Fax. (858) 784-2860
o     sanner at scripps.edu                 http://www.scripps.edu/~sanner