[Numpy-discussion] ObjectArray paramter order poll

Todd Miller jmiller at stsci.edu
Thu Jun 24 11:18:15 CDT 2004

A while back Colin Williams suggested that we change the parameter order
of numarray.objects.ObjectArray from:

def __init__(self, shape=None, objects=None, rank=None)

to:

def __init__(self, objects=None, shape=None, rank=None)

The new order emphasizes building object arrays from existing sequences,
while the old order emphasizes building empty (full of None) object
arrays of a specific shape.  Since array() and fromlist() already exist
to build from sequences,  I thought it was fine to keep the order as is,
plus I hate breaking s/w interfaces unless it was my idea. :-)

Opinions please?

Regards,
Todd