[off topic] Re: [Numpy-discussion] numarray speed - PySequence_GetItem

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Jun 29 14:08:06 CDT 2004

Tim Hochberg wrote:
> Todd Miller wrote:
>> Me too.  Can you (or somebody) post the application code which does the
>> drawlines?  I can definitely instrument the bottleneck C-code,  but I
>> don't have time to ascend the wxPython learning curve.

> Let me second that. With a little nudge from Chris Barker, I managed to
> get wxPython to compile here and I have some changes that may speed up
> drawlines, but it'd probably be best if we were all using the same
> benchmark.

Well, if I can't code, at least I can nudge!

Perhaps I can also help get Todd what he's asking for, except that I'm
not sure what you mean by "application code". Do you mean a small
wxPython application that uses DC.DrawLines (and friends)? If so, yes, I
can do that. What version of wxPython should I target?

CVS head?
2.5.1? (The latest "released" version)

there are some slight incompatibilities between versions, particularly
with DC calls, unfortunately.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov