[Numpy-discussion] numarray C api examples

Todd Miller jmiller at stsci.edu
Sat Mar 27 13:53:21 CST 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-27 at 12:35, Faheem Mitha wrote:
> The README in numarray-0.9/Examples refers to the non-existent file
> setup.py (at least in that directory). There are other files called
> setup.py elsewhere in the tarball, but they don't look like they are
> supposed to compile the examples.
>
> What am I missing?

Nothing.  Those are dead comments in the README (they didn't survive the
"numarray re-packaging").  There is now a single setup.py for all
numarray packages in the root numarray directory.

To install the examples, just install numarray.  The examples are then
found in the package numarray.examples.convolve.  If you want to write
your own extension,  my advice is to stick with the numpy compatible
interfaces.  A close second is the numarray "high level" interface.

Regards,
Todd

--

Todd Miller <jmiller at stsci.edu>