[Numpy-discussion] [Ann] Discretizing with Numarray

Magnus Lie Hetland magnus at hetland.org
Mon Mar 1 12:11:03 CST 2004

I've just written a small tutorial on discretizing time series with
numarray:

  http://hetland.org/python/disc-with-numarray

Just some basic stuff I've used when working with time series in my
research, such as mapping integer values to symbols, mapping real
values to integers using bins, and extracting features using
non-overlapping or overlapping windows (sliding window).

It was written in a flash, and I'm no numarray expert, so
feedback/corrections would be welcome.

--
Magnus Lie Hetland           "The mind is not a vessel to be filled,
http://hetland.org            but a fire to be lighted."  [Plutarch]