[Numpy-discussion] numarray: 3D Fourier transforms

Peter Verveer verveer at embl-heidelberg.de
Tue Nov 23 12:17:04 CST 2004

Numarray has N-dimensional fft's, they are just not documented in the
manual (this should be fixed, will do that as soon as find the time).
There are the following functions in numarray.fft:

fftnd()
inverse_fftnd()
real_fftnd()
inverse_real_fftnd()

They are documented in the source code, try the following:

 >>> from numarray import fft
 >>> help(fft.fftnd)

Or alternatively, implement your 3D fft as a sequence of three 1D fft's.

Cheers, Peter