[Numpy-discussion] vector cross product

Gary Ruben gazzar at email.com
Fri Nov 5 05:06:39 CST 2004

Hi David,

Sorry about the slow reply - I was studying for an exam :-) but it's over now.
Thanks for letting me know about your vector class.
Just a quick explanation of why it's probably not useful in my case: I'm pretty much Windows based, so at a glance pyrex doesn't seem too much help for this specific purpose - I'm thinking I'd probably be better off trying to get weave going if I want to get some extra speed out of my existing code. Also, my code was written as part of a now completed project. It may undergo further development by others, so I'd also like to be able to minimise any extra package requirements that they might need. Profiling revealed Konrad's Vector class as the biggest current bottleneck, so I just thought I'd see what others thought about the usefulness of adding Vectors to numpy. If others don't think it's appropriate for numpy, maybe the scipy is the place to suggest it instead.

Gary