[Numpy-discussion] Sobel question

Bob Klimek klimek at grc.nasa.gov
Mon Nov 15 08:05:01 CST 2004

Peter Verveer wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
>> I think it will be, especially the segmentation and object measurements.
>
> Let me know how that goes, I would be interested to hear were the weak
> points are especially with these functions, which are not completely
> fleshed out. Let me know if something is missing or not working quite
> right. ...

Okay, I'll see what I can do. More feedback later. There are lot of
goodies to explore.  ;-)

> mag = ND.generic_gradient_magnitude(a, derivative = ND.sobel)

Ah, that's how its used. Works well. And your change in the order of
arguments makes sense to me as most people will just accept the defaults
for the rest of the arguments so might as well stick them at the end.

Thanks much for your help!
Bob