[Numpy-discussion] ANNOUNCE: PyQwt-4.1
gerard.vermeulen at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Sun Nov 21 09:38:28 CST 2004
I am proud to announce PyQwt-4.1.
What is PyQwt?
- it is a set of Python bindings for the Qwt C++ class library which
extends the Qt framework with widgets for scientific, engineering
and financial applications. It provides a widget to plot
2-dimensional data and various widgets to display and control
bounded or unbounded floating point values.
- it requires and extends PyQt, a set of Python bindings for Qt.
- it really shines with either Numeric, numarray or both. Numeric
and/or numarray extend the Python language with new data types which
turn Python into an ideal system for numerical computing and
experimentation, better than MatLab and IDL.
- it supports the use of PyQt, Qt, Qwt, the Numerical Python extensions
(either Numeric, or numarray or both) and optionally SciPy in a GUI
Python application or in an interactive Python session.
- it runs on POSIX, MacOS/X and Windows (any operating system supported
by Qt and Python).
The home page of PyQwt is http://pyqwt.sourceforge.net.
Main changes in PyQwt-4.1:
1. supports PyQt-3.13, -3.12, PyQt-3.11, and PyQt-3.10.
2. supports sip-4.1.1, -4.1, -4.0, sip-3.11, and sip-3.10.
3. supports Qt-3.3.3 downto -2.3.0.
4. based on Qwt-4.2.0.
5. either links with a shared (dll) Qwt-4.2.0 library or links
statically with a slightly patched internal version of Qwt-4.2.0.
Have fun -- Gerard Vermeulen
More information about the Numpy-discussion