[Numpy-discussion] Counting array elements

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Fri Oct 22 14:50:04 CDT 2004

Todd Miller wrote:

> sumAll() would certainly be better.
>
> Unless there are objections,  I'll rename the current sum() method to
> sumAll() and re-write sum() to give a deprecation warning before calling
> sumAll().  Eventually,  it'll go away altogether.

silly, minor nit: can we avoid mixed case names? Either sum_all or SumAll? I'm
not too fond of CamelCase, but camelCase looks even worse to me :)

As I said, it's just a minor nit.  I don't know if there's an official naming
policy for numarray, so please don't get angry at me if my comment is out of
place.

Best,