[Numpy-discussion] Problems compiling numeric using python2.4 and VS.Net 2003

Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon mdehoon at ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Wed Oct 20 21:40:04 CDT 2004

flin at broadpark.no wrote:
> Thanks again Stephen.
> Still no success.
> I deleted the whole Numeric-directory-tree,
> unzipped a newly downloaded src-file,
> edited the setup.py as you suggested,
> tried to run the installer,
> same error.

Previously I managed to compile Numeric for Python 2.4 on Windows, using the
MinGW compiler and Atlas. If you still need it, I can send you the binaries.

> I'm not sure what to du next?
> (what canm't somebody just make a binary installer for python2.4,
> after all it's in beta now...)

There is a bug in Python 2.4 that prevents users from running bdist_wininst to
create a binary installer. python setup.py install fails too. See bug 1021756 on
sourceforge.

--Michiel, U Tokyo.

--
Michiel de Hoon, Assistant Professor
University of Tokyo, Institute of Medical Science